Well folks, it’s been a long week and still going tough. We transferred our blog to a different host, and I’ve been troubleshooting non-stop. Please forgive us for the funny looking blog design you see. You know we’ve got a sweet layout and customized images by our new Board member Sarah, and they’ll be back up soon!
In the meantime, check out the job opportunity from Populous Media Partners, based in Santa Monica! They’re looking for a social media manager for their growing office. Read the fine print and email your application to the email below (without the brackets, of course).
Social Media Manager
Summary of Position:
A Santa Monica, California-based Social Media Marketing and Branded Entertainment agency with ‘A List’ Celebrity clients and Fortune 500 brand clients is conducting a search to immediately employ a full-time Social Media Manager. The candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in social media marketing and be extremely savvy on all things digital/social.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Strategic development and creative execution of social media campaigns for a wide range of clients.
- Development of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube and other related channels
- Fan, Follower, Contact, and Viewer outreach and development
- Maintaining a high profile presence for clients in all relevant social media communities
- Development and implementation of social media Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
- Social media listening, monitoring, reporting and analytics
- Ability to generate copy/content to be posted on clients’ social channels
- Conducting analysis of social media and other online campaign metrics to identify and derive key insights regarding audience behavior/trends and recommending strategies to maximize integrated marketing campaign results
- Ability to develop and implement Blogger outreach and Blogger marketing programs
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaign development and implementation
- Basic understanding of social media channel and search engine advertising planning, buying, management and evaluation
- Basic abilities in email-marketing and newsletters
- Familiarity with basic HTML and web tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in social media marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of analyzing detail-oriented information and reports to create optimal business solutions
- Familiar with all relevant social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Well-versed in Microsoft and Apple software
- PC and Mac operational experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and all design programs is a plus
To apply to this position please email your resume and cover letter to rafael[at]populousmedia[dot]com.