johnnie-O Social Media Manager
DESCRIPTION: johnnie-O is seeking a Social Media Manager rock star
COMPANY OVERVIEW // johnnie-O, started by John O’Donnell in 2005, is a unique lifestyle apparel brand fusing classic styles with a southern California vibe that fills a significant, untapped opportunity in the branded apparel market between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and the West Coast “surf” brands. The Company’s focus on innovation has produced favorites such as the 4-Button polo and johnnie-O’s sport shirts that feature the signature “Tweener Button®”, creating a compelling brand that defines a modern, enduring style, with a full line of comfortable apparel and accessories for men and boys.
POSITION SUMMARY //
As johnnie-O takes the brand to the next level of experience, we are innovating across social, digital, mobile, and ecommerce platforms to increase visibility, expand our reach and improve conversion. We are seeking a social media expert who lives to grow followers and convert them to life long customers. The Social Media Manager will be charged with driving engagement and social commerce across all current and emerging social media platforms, including Blue Room, our blog. You will partner with cross-functional teams to develop seasonal social media strategies and blog editorial topics while inserting your savvy social knowledge into the mix. You understand the role social media plays within a brand’s culture and story telling. This role is responsible for all strategy, content development and execution of social media assets, including Blue Room, to impact the perception of our brand and product, drive traffic and increase customer acquisition, engagement, and revenue. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated history of developing meaningful growth and engagement strategies via multiple social media platforms.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES //
• Partner with Marketing and Ecommerce teams to recalibrate the existing social strategy, tone of voice and the evolution of the brand.
• Refine the johnnie-O point of view within the social media landscape and lead the development of the brand’s social media guidelines.
• Curate and create exceptional content for the brand’s social presence and blog that aligns with our brand vision, builds meaningful community connections, encourages authentic engagement, and drives revenue.
• Craft copy that translates the voice of the founder to maintain a consistent tone and brand experience across channels aligned with positioning and target audience segments.
• Manage all social and blog content creation resources from photography, video to copy, ensure all imagery and video support the overarching brand voice and aesthetic.
• Spearhead cross-functional ideation of new content, blog topics and promotions for social platforms that are specific to each channel to meet objectives and KPIs.
• Own the development of the monthly content calendar across social media properties and blog.
• Manage all necessary legal reviews and optimize content according to defined KPIs and associated metrics.
• Schedule and publish content leveraging best time and day analytics to garner optimal post engagement.
• Maintain an always-up-to-date understanding of photo shoots, campaign assets, influencer opportunities, retail events, promotional efforts and press coverage in order to develop and publish relevant content that supports the brand and business.
• Attend events and capture content in real-time on behalf of the brand.
• Work with marketing and Ecommerce to develop paid media strategies and execute post boosting and paid campaigns with source tracking and performance reporting.
• Curate user-generated content from thousands of Instagram images shared to optimize johnnie-O’s Instagram gallery on johnnie-O.com and #johnnieO.
• Collaborate with the Ecommerce team to ensure social content is being optimized for search engine optimization and incorporate SEO best practices across social platforms.
• Monitor conversations across social media and address important mentions in real-time through responsive engagement, escalation, or documentation.
• Identify and curate johnnie-O brand advocates in order to develop micro-influencer programs that will drive brand loyalty and increase reach.
• Work with marketing to optimize existing seeding approaches and assist in influencer outreach through social media.
• Command the dashboard of social media analytics to make the best decisions about social media performance and to deliver weekly reports to key stakeholders on social growth and engagement. Use these learnings to increase ROI.
• Manage social media budget, respective ad spend.
• Conduct monthly performance analyses of social media posts, paid media and blog to identify social content resonance, channel performance, click to conversion, and campaign effectiveness.
• Create actionable insights based on campaign findings, and carry these insights into campaign strategy and development, improvement that to help inform marketing and ecommerce decision-making.
• Continuously improve our processes through data analysis, strategic platform determination, and innovation.
• Champion and identify trends and new social technologies to ensure johnnie-O maintains a forward-looking approach to all social media opportunities and programs.
• Utilize knowledge of the overall social landscape, trending topics, and leverage latest social media best practices in order to provide ongoing thought leadership.
• 3+ years experience managing social media platforms, social advertising, blog and copywriting.
• Expertise with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest.
• Experience using social media management/analytic tools (e.g. Sprinklr, Hootsuite, etc).
• History of driving social publishing and deliverables.
• Experience in content and content marketing, blogging.
• Able to collaborate to inspire engaging content development with cross-functional partners.
• Experience in fashion industry preferred; has an eye toward editorializing brand and product messaging,
• Demonstrated ability to mine data and uncover valuable insights for recommendations; KPI reporting.
• Draw upon past experience and broad interests and knowledge to fuel ideas.
• Experience finding, targeting, and mobilizing online opinion leaders, tastemakers and influencers.
• Strong visual design sense in order to create high quality (in-the-moment) content for the brand.
• Experience running successful social campaigns on both small and large scale.
• Experience planning and activating paid social campaigns.
• Has a culturally relevant perspective on current events and style.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write and edit clear, clean copy writing for use on social media and presents brand voice in a relevant, meaningful dialogue with target audiences.
• Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills.
• Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects, tight deadlines, adapt to change.
• Real time response is in your DNA.
• Fluent in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Dropbox, and Hootsuite; Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro a plus
• Enthusiasm for style, fashion, and johnnie-O clothes and culture; sense of humor and men’s lifestyle knowledge.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations (or related field).
• Prior experience working in an agency environment is a plus.
This position requires a passion for digital and social media, deep attention to detail, superb time management, and a natural ownership and pride in the product and ideas you’re bringing to life. We are looking for someone with a strong entrepreneurial spirit that knows how to create highly engaged content that resonates and propels our story across platforms.
** This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities “
johnnie-O 2048 Cotner Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90025
If interested, please send your resume with portfolio of work to kim@johnnie-O.com