Social Media Club of Los Angeles invites you to “Dating & Relationships: The Game Has Changed” at 12th & Highland in Manhattan Beach on January 14th 7pm – 10pm to mix, mingle and discuss how Social Media has changed the rules of dating. Exactly one month before Valentine’s Day, come hear all about how social media can help you with the hook ups. There is no cost to attend so what are you waiting for?
RSVP HERE: Facebook Event Link
Liz H. Kelly (@lizhkelly)
Liz is a Relationship Expert, Great Love Reporter and Author of Smart Man Hunting who puts a new spin on relationships with love lessons from Hollywood Movies and Happy Hearts in her Great Life, Great Love series (Http://www.greatlifegreatlove.com). In her second life, Liz is a PR and Social Media Marketing Consultant, Sunrise Road Media (http://www.sunriseroadmedia.com), who used to work for MySpace running their biggest advertising campaigns. You can follow her updates and dating tips on Twitter @lizhkelly
Linda Sherman (@lindasherman)
Linda is a Social Media Marketing Consultant with a solid background in corporate marketing and finance. She set up Coors Japan and was responsible for creating and executing a unique and successful marketing and sales strategy for ZIMA that is still sustained as a premium brand there today. Linda managed 500+ employees as CEO of Club Med Japan. Linda’s current clients include http://SingularCity.com where she is acting Community Manager. Linda’s company is http://couragegroup.com. Her blog is http://ItsDifferent4Girls.com.
Julie Spira (@juliespira)
Julie Spira is known world-wide as The Cyber-Dating Expert™ and is the author of “The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online.” She is the host of “Ask the Cyber-Dating Expert Radio Show” and has been featured on FOX News, BBC, Men’s Health, KTLA, and the Los Angeles Business Journal for her expertise in online dating. Julie is the LA Dating Advice Columnist on Examiner.com and a contributor to The Huffington Post. She currently holds the position of Executive VP/Director of Social Media for Brandloft – a marketing and branding firm. Visit her at http://CyberDatingExpert.com and http://SocialMediaMore.com
Evan Marc Katz (@evanmarckatz)
A combination of Dr. Drew and Adam Carolla, he has traveled cross-country with his powerful, laugh-out-loud observations on dating. Whether addressing a ballroom of singles at the Washington Hilton or running a series of seminars for JDate at Club Med, Evan shows that there’s no contradiction between education and entertainment.
Analis Flox (@avflox)
A.V. Flox is the editor of Sex and the 405, a sex news site, as well as a sex and relationships columnist for BlogHer, the leading women’s network on the web. A geek at heart, she got her start on the web in the 90s, and has been using it to her advantage in dating since. She has written several articles about using technology to connect with potential matches and swears by Twitter, but she’s also aware of how the web is changing our interactions and that constant connection and lifestreaming can also lead to complications in established relationships. Digital has collided into analog–for better or worse. Let’s play.
Dating + Relationships Panel Questions
(Panel starts at 8pm)
1. Why is January the biggest month for internet dating? What are the new trends for 2010?
2. How is social media changing the rules of dating? (exs as friends, people who you meet on Match.com checking out your FB profile, how to use Fan Pages for people who are not really friends)
3. What new types of humor and actions are happening with social media and relationships (ie proposals on twitter, marriage status changed on FB during wedding, wedding videos on youtube, etc)
4. How are social media sites now monetizing dating and relationship services? (FB is now partnering with a dating site – need to get name)
5. How is mobile changing the way singles interact? Dating apps? (Julie can take the lead on this question – Liz can also answer – GPS, everything is real time)
6. How can you build a community online for dating and relationships
7. What is the best way to manage your online personality and perceptions in your profile, photos and tweets? (personal branding, photos, messaging, tone, videos, etc)
8. What advice can you share for a first date for guys – and for girls?
9. What internet dating and social media conferences do you recommend?
10. Where do you see internet dating and social media going in 5 years?