How often do you run into bloggers who are dads? Or bloggers who turn being a dad into a funny journal of mistakes and things you shouldn’t do?
Meet Charlie Capen.
Charlie is co-founder of “How To Be A Dad” an entertainment site for dads, moms, and those with no plans of procreating, whatsoever. The site is not so much a “how-to”, but a “how-not-to” portal centered around two sleep-deprived friends with nothing left to lose but their sanity as they navigate fatherhood and try to look smart doing so. They’re not experts, but that isn’t gonna stop them from pretending. Charlie has appeared on Babble.com, Huff Post Parents, Art of Manliness, BabyCenter, AOL, and a host of other websites that smell delicious. Charlie’s forthcoming book, The Guide to Baby Sleep Positions, is set for an April 2013 release by New York-based Random House.
Chris here. One of the hurdles that tend to get bloggers stuck is content. On Charlie and Andy’s site (Andy is the other founder of Howtobeadad.com), they pull from their life experiences and interests. Another hurdle is when you have a blog partner. Here are my questions for Charlie – chime in on Tuesday December 18 at Cross Campus!
- How do you and Andy split up your writing on the blog? Are you on a schedule? Do you do any planning?
- How did you decide to join forces and create a blog owned by the both of you?
- Do you have a few top tips on maintaining your blog with a second person? Ie. Ways to not choke your partner for articles he may have posted that don’t work…
- How often do you actually meet up to chat about your blog? Do you consider this your business? We have bloggers who want to monetize as a source of income.
- What’s one of your favorite posts on the site?
If you hate my questions, well I dare you to RSVP to our Holiday/Meet the Bloggers event on Tuesday December 18, and show up to ask Charlie your questions. No really, show up. Tickets are only $10 and we’re about to sell out!