Have you bought your ticket to our Holiday/Bloggers event yet? What are you waiting for? Why don’t we start showcasing our speakers here and let that convince you that we’ve got a great program going on December 18?
Marie Denee is an established and respected voice in plus size fashion. The creative force behind the four-year-old blog, The Curvy Fashionista, Marie shares her expertise, wit, and keen sense of style with a vibrant and growing audience and brings a fresh, friendly, and sensible voice showing women how to rock their curves while educating big brands on what plus size women really want. She has been featured in Glamour, Black Enterprise, LA Times, and has won awards for Best Plus Size blog for the Black Weblog Awards and FFFWeek’s Best Plus Size Blog in the Industry. In addition to her blog, Marie Denee is a regular speaker on fashion, blogging, and business and the author of eBook “Keeping it Curvy.Confident.Chic.” She is also the Fashion and Style Editor of Plus Model Magazine, a trusted source for media.
I’ve been a reader of The Curvy Fashionista for about three years and have seen the different changes it’s taken over the years. Not only do I respect her fashion style, I respect her business acumen that she’s taken with her personal brand. A few months ago, Marie was featured on WSJ’s Speakeasy. Recently you would’ve been able to catch her on The Ricki Lake Show with Glee’s Amber Riley and model Emme.
For those of you who are attending our event, get your questions ready for Marie and the rest of our speakers. I’ve got some questions for Marie too.
- When you started your blog, how much time were you dedicating to it?
- Many bloggers who start out (or are still blogging) have a full-time job. When did you realize you could shift into blogging as a full-time gig?
- What are your top 3 tips when it comes to connecting with PR pros and brands that you want to work with?
- And vice versa – as a blogger, how do brands get in touch with you and do you set the ‘case’ for what you’re willing to write/endorse with a media kit?
- How has social media helped your brand? How much time do you spend on social media engaging vs the time you spend writing and networking in real life?
I’m sure y’all have more and better questions for Marie. Drop by Cross Campus on Wednesday December 18 and meet Marie in person. Ask her your questions!
See you there!