Do you keep your finger on the pulse of YouTube? If the answer’s a resounding “YES” then read on. Our friends at Fullscreen Inc. have kindly shared this opportunity with the SMCLA community. Here’s the description and how to apply. Let ’em know we sent you!
Fullscreen is a next-generation media company that offers innovative technology and premium services for content creators and brands to thrive on YouTube. Fullscreen’s global network generates over 1.5 billion monthly video views and reaches over 100 million subscribers, making Fullscreen a Top 5 YouTube Partner. Fullscreen provides a full suite of end-to-end YouTube tools and services for many of the world’s leading brands and media companies. Led by an experienced team of online video thought-leaders, Fullscreen was founded in January 2011 and is based in Culver City, California.
Department: Public Relations
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
The Digital Publicist is responsible for generating a positive and ongoing stream of online coverage in support of programming, talent and content for Fullscreen partners and content creators. This position will also develop and execute publicity campaigns.
- Generate story ideas, pitch and secure digital coverage on an ongoing basis for Fullscreen partners, content creators and programming, with a focus on digital outlets
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key consumer press outlets
- Seed Fullscreen video content to niche bloggers and mainstream online outlets
- Manage blogger / micro-blogger outreach program by genre
- Work with internal department heads to find press stories for content and talent
- Compose press materials including press releases, press kit materials, biographies, media alerts, strategic media plans, messaging and media pitches
- Coordinate broadcast/ “on-air” talent press appearances and interviews
- Work with corporate publicity to coordinate press coverage for key network and local events
- Compile and distribute press clippings and links
- Independently manage moderately sized campaigns and occasionally partner with outside publicists on larger campaigns
- 2-4 years experience in consumer public relations, preferably in entertainment and/or online video
- Established relationships with consumer press who cover digital, entertainment, pop culture, lifestyle, beauty and fitness, women’s and men’s interest, family, moms, teens and tweens, music
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and detailed-oriented with knowledge of the entertainment and digital industries
- Mastery of traditional PR skills plus emerging media disciplines and social platforms
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism or a related field
How to apply
Apply directly on their website. Best efforts!