The wonderful folks at Softcup (based in San Diego, CA) asked us to post this to our networks. We’re happy to share new opportunities with our SMCLA community. Please see below for details and how to apply. Good luck!
Online Marketing Specialist/Manager
A dynamic start-up focused on women’s health care is seeking on Online Marketing Manager for Softcup, an innovative feminine hygiene brand, which is one of the fastest growing brands in the feminine hygiene category and is available in drugstores nationwide.
The Online Marketing Manager is responsible for digital marketing for the Instead Softcup brand. The Online Marketing Manager’s primary goals are to increase brand awareness, generate trial of Softcup, and to increase consumer engagement through social media and our website.
- Create and execute social media strategy for Softcup brand. This includes daily social media posting and interaction, as well as creating relationships with bloggers and other organizations, and creating and executing special social media programs (e.g., Facebook/Pinterest contests, guest blogs/vlogs, Tweet chats, etc.).
- Maintain active social media accounts with daily relevant posts to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Maintain Softcup.com blog with curated and original content. Work with Softcup spokespeople and key opinion leaders to generate articles. Comment on other relevant blogs to generate backlinks to Softcup.com.
- Manage blog ambassador programs.
- Work with agency vendor to assist in executing the online advertising and SEO/PPC plan as needed. This includes generating unique landing pages and updating the Facebook page for specific campaigns.
- Analyze Softcup.com website traffic and generate monthly reports on key performance indicators. Identify trends and use patterns to make recommendations for site updates and enhancements.
- Manage website updates. Create plans for site enhancements, manage third-party agency for implementing updates.
- Support the sales team by analyzing sales data from retail customers to generate monthly sales reports. Work with sales data in Excel spreadsheets and retail web portals to identify sales trends.
- Represent Softcup as a brand ambassador at consumer and retail sales trade shows. This includes helping in booth set-up/breakdown, and speaking with consumers about the product benefits.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, in related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in marketing and/or online marketing.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills and knowledge of AP Style Guide.
- General website development knowledge (HTML, CSS, etc.) and an understanding of website architecture.
- General knowledge and experience in website design, testing and usability standards; website project management and scheduling best practices; and website content creation.
- Knowledge and experience in social media best practices.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage several projects at once, creating and executing on-time schedules with milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, interact and communicate effectively with outside agencies and in-house experts and contributors.
- Passion for the Softcup brand and women’s health and empowerment issues.
- Team player personality, willing to pitch in as needed when other team members need help, and ask for help when needed. Ability to accommodate and adapt to change.
- Self-starter that is always thinking about how we could improve our programs and our brand, and creating plans to execute ideas.
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience with Drupal, Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Adsense, Facebook ads, Shortstack, and/or Mailchimp.
- Experience in project managing development of large websites, coordinating web designers and internal content providers.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Experience working on a national consumer brand.
- Experience working on a high-traffic website, with knowledge or experience in scale and performance issues.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, two brief writing samples, and desired salary range to: Sarah Campbell at sarah[at]totalhrmgmt[dot]com. [Remove the brackets, etc. You know how to read the email address. – Chris]
We offer the opportunity to work on products that will improve women’s lives both in the U.S. and throughout the world. We’re a merit-based organization where the best idea wins. Our close-knit, friendly culture provides a fun workplace and flexible hours. Every employee has an equity stake in the company. We’re looking for someone passionate about marketing and empowering women. The work is challenging, and the opportunity to grow is unlimited. If you are looking for a demanding, but fun and meaningful job that makes the most of your analytical and creative skills, please apply!