Vistamar School is a college preparatory, co-educational, independent day school that serves a very diverse population of students in grades 9-12, supported by a generous program of Moderated Tuition. Since our opening in 2005, enrollment has grown steadily to 275 students, who are drawn from over 50 different middle schools and over 35 different zip codes in greater Los Angeles. We will add faculty and classrooms incrementally as we approach our target enrollment of 300.
Vistamar is located in the eastern-most section of El Segundo. The school is close to major freeway interchanges and is well serviced by public transportation, including a commuter rail station. Both tuition and salaries are competitive with other Los Angeles- area independent schools. Vistamar is fully accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and holds institutional memberships in the National Association of Independent Schools and the Council of International Schools.
Overview of the Position
Reporting to the Assistant Head of School, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will plan and execute overall strategies for all marketing and communications on behalf of Vistamar School in order to raise Vistamar’s visibility, advance its brand, and articulate clear messages to internal and external constituencies. The Coordinator will oversee and actively participate in the creation, design, and production of regularly produced school publications for events, community updates, and the like, and will oversee all advertising and publicity.
The Interim Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be expected to:
· Develop marketing and communications strategies and plans that advance Vistamar School and drive increased engagement with prospective and current constituencies.
· Collaborate with administrative departments in articulating their purpose and ongoing work. Specifically, this includes the Head of School, Development team, Admissions team, academic departments, and Educational Technology.
· Ensure brand and messaging quality and consistency, and establish guidelines to apply across all departments, activities and events at the school and among professional and volunteer leadership.
· Plan and deploy digital activities: weekly e-news, website, online campaigns, email marketing, social media and digital content production.
· Create and execute a plan that regularly places the school in local media. Manage all messaging in the media.
· Manage all aspects of the school’s print and electronic communications, ensuring the continuity of the school’s brand and logo. Oversee the work of graphic designers and print vendors in production of printed materials and web visuals.
The ideal candidate will possess the following kinds of experiences and qualifications:
· A BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to marketing and communications; an advanced degree is preferred.
· Two to three years of experience in marketing and communications, preferably in an independent school or other non-profit organization.
· Outstanding speaking, writing, and editing skills.
· Significant knowledge of the principles of marketing and communications, and fluency in using social media effectively.
· Ability to monitor and adhere to budgets and production schedules.
· Ability to create print materials using Photoshop, InDesign, or other comparable layout software.
· Demonstrated success in bringing regular, positive media attention to an organization.
As with all positions at Vistamar, we seek an individual who takes initiative and demonstrates a strong desire to grow professionally. We need a genuine colleague for this important position – someone who is thoughtful, energetic and passionate and an all-around “school person” who wants to participate in and contribute to our vibrant community. A strong desire to work with high school students and faculty, flexibility, a sense of humor, and a willingness to embrace the mission of Vistamar School are required.
How To Apply
Additional information about Vistamar School is available on the School’s website at vistamarschool.org. Applicants should submit a complete résumé and cover letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.