Our friends at Hot Topic asked us to share this job listing with our members and attendees. Send your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Vides via LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob&jobId=3979795. (FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.)
Good luck and let us know if you score the job! We’d love to hear from ya.
Leads social media marketing strategy and activities for Hot Topic, Inc. brands. Conceptualizes, plans, and implements social media marketing campaigns via a variety of social media platforms. Drives integration of social media campaigns with other brand marketing programs, while collaborating with other company departments – including store operations, customer service and merchandising – about any customer issues identified via social media. Must stay current on social media trends and best practices and identify the best possible platforms to drive campaigns. This is a hands-on position in a fast-paced environment that reports to Director of Communications.
- Provides strategic oversight and program planning/management for brand social media campaigns and associated platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube.
- Creates campaigns from concept through development to execution that represent the brand essence while growing the social fan bases, increasing engagement, building loyalty, increasing marketing and branding visibility, and ultimately driving sales.
- Works with internal partners and Brand Leadership to develop and incorporate social campaigns into overarching brand initiatives, ensuring that they meet brand objectives, vision, and customer experience.
- Identifies opportunities for co-branding partnerships with external partners such as bands and licensors.
- Vets external vendors and identifies viable partnership opportunities with 3rdparties to enhance to social experience both on external platforms and integrated into the E-commerce site.
- Identifies opportunities to create greater efficiency, enhance the user experience and serves priority business needs within the social media platforms by enhancing or creating new community/fan interactions and experiences; requests and establishes the need and ROI for budget to support these platform enhancements.
- Partners with various internal teams (e.g., Merchants, Loyalty, E-commerce, Legal, Store Operations, etc.) to ensure campaigns are integrated and compliant.
- Oversees social media content with the goal to authentically connect and engage with the customer and community, grow the member base, and support brand initiatives.
- Manages and develops Social Media Specialist/Team.
- Manages Social Media budgets across brands.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
Experience & Education
- Demonstrated experience with developing integrated social media campaigns to support brand initiatives.
- Experience working with 3rd party social media vendors and/or platform developers.
- Experience working with Social Media Management Systems: e.g., Shoutlet, Adobe Social, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck including but not limited to post scheduling, analytics analysis, and Facebook tab application creation and deployment.
- Experience with web analytics platforms: e.g. Coremetrics, Omniture, Google Analytics
- Experience monitoring and managing Facebook Ad campaigns
- Basic CSS knowledge
- Basic Photoshop and Design knowledge
- Experience with strategic marketing planning with proven ability to execute under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated first-hand experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Foursquare for business use representing an organization or brand – ideally a retail brand.
- Creative and dynamic, with the ability to respond rapidly to news, as well as industry and pop culture trends, to develop high-impact social media strategies.
- Self-starter and hands-on leader: must like – and be willing to – “do” as well as lead.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in marketing, communications or journalism.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Team player and creative thinker.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Upholds and furthers Hot Topic, Inc.’s culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen music and fashion trends.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
Hot Topic, Inc. is a mall and web based specialty retailer operating the Hot Topic and Torrid concepts. Hot Topic offers music/pop culture-licensed and music/pop culture-influenced apparel, accessories, music and gift items for young men and women.
As of January 28, 2012, the company operated 628 Hot Topic stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada, 148 Torrid stores, and Internet stores hottopic.com and torrid.com.